Sunday, November 3, 2013

Doing the Best I Can Now




I realize I'm behind in getting a post up but I'm working on a really, really interesting Ancestor Highlight.. exciting even! It will be worth the wait.

I've been away for a bit, with my Love, visiting my parents and my youngest brother's family, and going to the Texas Book Festival, so I haven't had a lot of time for my normal  research, but I did bring a recorder and a camera, and notepads and pens. I asked a bunch of questions, and took lots of pictures of pictures and documents -- I don't have a portable scanner so I take pictures of pictures so I can upload them to my computer when I get home. As I have time, I'll attach them to the appropriate people on my Ancestry.com tree.

I forgot I wanted to take pictures of all of Mom's quilts, though. I'll have to do that when I'm down there next.

I've also been trying to catch up on my blogs since I've been back. I follow quite a few genealogy blogs now in order to learn better how to do this. Overall that has been a good idea as I do learn from them and I can bookmark or Pin (Pinterest!) the ones I think I'll need later even if I don't need them now. But, I have to tell you, in trying to read a week's backlog at once (and most of these folk find the time to post daily,or multiple posts a day [how?]), it's actually rather more intimidating than helpful.

I just have to keep telling myself that I'm doing the best I can, with the skills and knowledge -- and time!-- that I have now. And when that time comes that I have more of each, separately or together, I'll do better. I can go back over anyone, or everyone, at any time.  This is a marathon, not a sprint.  (....And, why am I using sports analogies, when I am about the least sports-minded person you'll ever meet?)

So, I'm not going to stress.  I'm going to go back to working on my Highlight. ...She's had a rather adventurous life and lived through some fascinating history...yes, "she"! Just you wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. [I recently discovered that I've been having technical difficulties with receiving notification of comments for the last year (2019 through Jan 2020). I think I've fixed that now. I hope. My apologies if you were caught up in that. I think I"ve caught up with, and replied to, all the comments now. EDIT: I continue to have problems. I will respond as soon as I find out there's been a comment.]