Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Help With Baby Names - Paternal Side Names

photo credit to Adrian Dreßler  via  photopin  via creative commons license


Since I did this for Mom’s side of the family, I think Dad’s side of the family should get equal billing. I’ve watched recently as some friends try to pick a name for their new baby. Very entertaining! I’ve also noticed that what you might call “historical names” are in fashion now (or something completely original). This gave me an idea, and I thought I would help out any members of my family who might be looking for historical names for their impending baby (whether about to be born or just a thought on the horizon). Because how cool would it be to choose a historical name AND say “Oh, it’s a family name,” when asked where it came from?


So I had my family history software run a report on all the first & middle names used on the paternal side of my family, and have divided them up into Female and Male lists.  And this time I figured how to make Blogger accept columns (courtesy of the Skitch app) – so I also went back and edited the maternal side baby name post so one doesn't have to scroll forever, too.


Here are the female names first, followed by the male names (if there is a plus sign, it is a name that repeats through several generations). 







Climbing My Family Tree: Baby Name Ideas - Female Names of my Family Tree, Paternal Side
Baby Name Ideas - Female Names of my Family Tree, Paternal Side
Click to make bigger








Climbing My Family Tree: Baby Name Ideas - Male Names of My Family Tree, Paternal side
Baby Name Ideas - Male Names of My Family Tree, Paternal side
Click to Make Bigger

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Nice stuff. do keep me posted when you post again something like this!
    Baby names

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. [I recently discovered that I've been having technical difficulties with receiving notification of comments for the last year (2019 through Jan 2020). I think I've fixed that now. I hope. My apologies if you were caught up in that. I think I"ve caught up with, and replied to, all the comments now. EDIT: I continue to have problems. I will respond as soon as I find out there's been a comment.]