Friday, May 23, 2014

Help With Baby Names - Maternal Side of Family


photo credit to Adrian Dreßler /www.flickr.com/photos/adriandressler/8664251239/ via  photopin (http://photopin.com) via creative commons license



I’ve been watching as some friends try to pick a name for their impending baby. Very entertaining. I’ve also noticed that what you might call “historical names” are in fashion now (or something completely original). This gave me an idea, and I thought I would help out any members of my family who might be looking for historical names for their impending baby (whether about to be born or just a thought on the horizon). Because how cool would it be to choose a historical name AND say “Oh, it’s a family name,” when asked where it came from?


So I had my family history software run a report on all the first & middle names used on the maternal side of my family, and have divided them up into Female and Male lists.  Some of them would also seem to fit the category of “very original--or “weird”-- as well. [I tried to do columns to make it easier to read, or at least more aesthetic, but the blog hosting site won't take it that way. Sorry.] Here you go (if there is a plus sign it’s a name that repeats through several generations): 



Climbing My Family Tree: Baby name ideas - Female names of my family tree, maternal side
Baby name ideas - Female names of my family tree, maternal side
Click to make bigger




Climbing My Family Tree: Baby name ideas - Male names of my family Tree, maternal side
Baby name ideas - Male names of my family Tree, maternal side
click to make bigger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. [I recently discovered that I've been having technical difficulties with receiving notification of comments for the last year (2019 through Jan 2020). I think I've fixed that now. I hope. My apologies if you were caught up in that. I think I"ve caught up with, and replied to, all the comments now. EDIT: I continue to have problems. I will respond as soon as I find out there's been a comment.]