Thursday, July 30, 2015

Crestleaf.com’s 12 Months of Fascinating Family Finds: July – Pictures!

For a number of reasons  I haven’t really done as much with my family history/genealogy as I would have liked this month. But I do have an for this month’s entry into the Crestleaf.com Fantastic Family Find challenge

This month’s Fantastic Family Find is due to my parents’ current downsizing and impending move. One day last week I received a letter from my father containing an envelope addressed to his father  postmarked "August [?] 1957" from his from his sister, Irma Henn Sutton, in California, and it was chock full of old family photographs! I thought I would share a few for this entry, and so scanned them with my new portable scanner (FlipPal).




Climbing My Family Tree: Owen Carl Henn and Anna Mae (Bennett) Henn, my paternal grandparents
Owen Carl Henn and Anna Mae (Bennett) Henn, my paternal grandparents
Don't they look happy?
Click to Make Bigger



Climbing My Family Tree: My paternal grandfather’s sisters and his mother, left to right: Hazel, his mother Myrtle (Wilcox), Lucille, and Irma, taken June 20, 1940.
My paternal grandfather’s sisters and his mother, taken June 20, 1940:
 (left to right) Hazel (Henn) McArthur, Myrtle (Wilcox) Henn, Lucille (Henn) Robson,
and Irma (Henn) Sutton.
Click to Make Bigger



Climbing My Family Tree: My great-grandfather, Owen James Henn, Christmas 1955
My great-grandfather, Owen James Henn, Christmas 1955
Click to Make Bigger





Climbing My Family Tree: My 2nd Great Grandmother: Mary Jane (Currier) Wilcox, age 92
My 2nd Great Grandmother: Mary Jane (Currier) Wilcox, age 92
Photo Taken April 21, 1935













2 comments:

  1. Wow, fantastic treasure trove of photographs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are wonderful! Sorry for the late reply, Dara, I've been out of state with just the tiny screen of a phone. Family wedding.

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. [I recently discovered that I've been having technical difficulties with receiving notification of comments for the last year (2019 through Jan 2020). I think I've fixed that now. I hope. My apologies if you were caught up in that. I think I"ve caught up with, and replied to, all the comments now. EDIT: I continue to have problems. I will respond as soon as I find out there's been a comment.]